A transcript is a copy of a student's permanent Academic Record. It contains a minimum amount of personal data about the student and a chronological account of the student's academic achievements at Bainbridge State College. Also included is a list of courses and credits transferred from any institution formerly attended by the student.

Students who wish to have a transcript of their record at Bainbridge State College sent to another institution should submit a Request for Transcript form to the Registrar's Office (located in the Student Services Building) at least two weeks prior to the date the transcript is needed. Students can also request a transcript online at The transcript cost is $5.00 for an electronic transcript or printed transcript. Transcript requests are processed within 72 hours. The cost for an expedited transcript is $10.00.  

All financial obligations must be satisfied in order for a student’s transcript to be released.  Students who have not satisfied all financial obligations can view an unofficial copy of their academic transcript in the Student Services Building.  


Regulations pertaining to access of student records are found in the Student Handbook. Bainbridge State College complies with the provisions of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). Bainbridge State College defines directory information as name, address, telephone number, and email address.  For enrollment verifications, directory information will include dates of attendance, enrollment status (full time, part time, etc.), and program awards.  


The dates designated on the Academic Calendar as "registration” are reserved for registration, payment of fees, and purchase of books. The registration procedure is complete upon payment of fees. After that point, students are considered officially registered and enrolled in Bainbridge State College.


The dates designated on the Academic Calendar as "open registration” are reserved for registration, payment of fees, and purchase of books. The registration procedure is complete upon payment of fees. After that point, students are considered officially registered and enrolled in Bainbridge State College.


Currently enrolled and eligible students (those with no Learning Support requirements who have at least 24 hours of credit) are encouraged to complete the registration process online in their Banner Web account. Those students may register online anytime from the beginning of Pre-Registration until the first day of class. (See the Academic Calendar for dates.)  The registration procedure is considered officially complete only upon payment of fees.



Should the student find it necessary to withdraw from Bainbridge State College after completing registration, the student should contact his or her academic advisor for assistance in completing the official withdrawal form. The completed form should be returned to the Registrar’s Office for final processing.

Students may withdraw from the College with a grade of “W” prior to the mid-semester date published on the Academic Calendar. After this time, a grade of “WF” will be recorded unless the student is approved for a hardship withdrawal by the VP for Academic Affairs.

The "W" grade is not computed in the student's grade point average but may affect a student's eligibility for financial aid. The “WF” grade is computed in the student’s grade point average and holds the same value as an “F” grade.


After the DROP/ADD period each semester, students withdrawing from an individual course should contact their academic advisor for assistance. More information can be found in the Academic Affairs section of the catalog.


Students who wish to withdraw after midterm for reasons of non-academic hardship may petition the Vice President for Academic Affairs to receive a grade of “W”. A non-academic hardship is an event (such as illness, injury, death, or employer-initiated job change) that prevents the student from completing his or her course(s). This event must occur during the semester of the request and at or after the published deadline to withdraw for the semester. Students should be prepared to provide documentation of the hardship.

It is especially important for students to communicate with their instructors if they are experiencing difficulties. The final decision for issuing a “W” or “WF” is at the discretion of the instructor and may be based on the student’s performance up to the time of the hardship.

To file for a hardship withdrawal, a student should contact the Director of Student Success and Retention. Hardship withdrawal forms can also be picked up in the Office of Academic Affairs.

The deadline to seek a “W” through this process is the midpoint of the semester (as published in the academic calendar) following the term in which the course or courses were taken. Exceptions to this deadline may be made for extenuating circumstances.


Students who exceed the number of absences stated on a class syllabus may be withdrawn from the class by the instructor. Faculty-initiate withdrawal forms are sent to the Registrar’s Office for processing. The Office of Financial Aid will calculate what amount, if any, the student must repay because of his or her failure to attend class based on Return to Title IV (r2t4). In compliance with the College’s Learning Support and FYE course policy, students who are faculty-initiated withdrawn from any learning support course or the FYE course will be withdrawn from all courses during that semester.


At the request of the student, active-duty and reserve military students with orders to deploy will be withdrawn from their courses for that semester with no penalty with submission of their orders to the Registrar’s Office.